GED Testing Frequently Asked Questions
How many tests do I have to pass to get my GED?
- There are 5 tests: Reading, Writing, Science, Social Studies, and Math
- You must earn a minimum score on each test and average 450 on all tests
How do I find out my scores?
- Call the GED Examiner at Nine Star, 339-0866.
How long does it take to get my scores?
- Writing takes approximately 2 weeks
- Reading, Science, Social Studies, and Math scores take 1-2 days
What if I don’t pass a GED test?
- You only have to retake the test you did not pass.
- You may need to retake the Official Practice Test.
- You may need to take a TABE post-test.
- You may need instructor permission to retake a test.
How do I know when I have earned my GED?
- The GED examiner will call you.
When do I get my GED Diploma?
- About 2 weeks after you pass your last test.
- You can pick it up or request that it be mailed to you.
How can I get a transcript?
- Call the GED Examiner at 339-0866.
- You must sign a release of information (ROI) to have a transcript sent to a college or employer
What are the fees for GED testing?
- The total cost for all 5 tests is $25.00
- Each retake costs $5.00
- All fees must be paid before you get your diploma