Youth Employment Services
This program provides assessment, academic skills upgrade activities, career counseling, and pre-employment skills to youth. Employability skills development includes job search training as well as the development of positive work attitudes and work habits through internships and permanent jobs. For more information please see our current brochure.
730 I Street
Anchorage, AK 99501
300 N. Willow Street
Wasilla, AK 99654
|Mountain View Office
315 Price St.
Anchorage, AK 99508
What to Expect
- You will be given an exciting opportunity to move forward in our educational and career goals!
- You will engage in a thorough enrollment process.
- You and the Youth Employment staff will create a clear, goal-oriented plan to reach positive outcomes.
- You will work with a positive mentor and guide.
- You may achieve certification in an educational or vocational program as well as getting a job.
The opportunity is here, the commitment and motivation are up to you!
General Eligibility requirements
- For out of school (graduated, dropped out) be between the ages of 16-24
- For in school youth (currently attending school, college) be between the ages of 14-21
- Must possess valid identification: photo id, social security card
- In school youth and families must meet Federal low income guidelines to be eligible
Benefits of Youth Services
- Getting a good job
- Exploring career opportunities
- Being eligible to participate in a paid internship
- Being exposed to a variety of training opportunities
- Being eligible for funding for advanced training
- Receiving intensive one-on-one instruction for job placement and career exploration
- And many others!
Call Youth Employment today – 743-6074