Youth Education and Employment Services (YEES)
This program’s services allow youth to obtain vocational training, prepare for work, and get a job. Examples of specific services include:
- Individual Training Account (ITA): Receive free money to train for vocational training programs! (Eligibility requirements do apply.)
- Tutoring: Nine Star tutors are available to help you with your schoolwork, whether you may be going for your GED or high school diploma.
- Operation Occupation: Learn how to find a job, apply for positions, practice interviewing techniques, and much more. Get insider tips on how to get the job you want!
- Career Assessment and Planning: Discover jobs and potential career options according to what YOU are interested in!
- College and Vocational Training: Get advice and assistance from our experts on how to explore options for life after high school – learn how and when to apply to colleges and post-secondary training programs, check out your financial aid options, and much more.
- Employment Zone: Each Wednesday at 10am we invite area businesses to meet with youth to discuss employment opportunities at their companies. Learn how to get employed and stay employed. This is a great opportunity to learn about a specific company for whom you would like to work!
Clients must be 14-21 years old at the time of their enrollment with Nine Star. We are currently enrolling for this program, and there are some eligibility requirements, so please contact Youth Services if you are interested!
Youth Services Office: 743-6074
Nine Star Enterprises and the Youth Programs are an equal opportunity employer/program. Auxiliary aides and services are available upon request to individuals with disabilities. EEO Officer is Ruth Schoenleben 279-7827.